join the raw essentials team
RETAIL ASSISTANT/NUTRITION ADVISOR (PT) - Glenfield and Drury
Listed: 9 July 2018
We're looking for someone with a great attitude who is eager to learn and provide our furry, four-legged customers and their owners with a consistently outstanding level of service. Full training in all aspects of raw feeding for cats and dogs will be provided. A qualification and experience in vet nursing or the companion animal industry is useful but definitely not essential.
If you have a flair for customer service, excellent communication skills, great attention to detail and an enthusiasm for natural animal health & well being, we'd love to hear from you.
We have two part-time opportunities across our Auckland stores - one based in South Auckland and the other based on the North Shore. You must be available for a minimum of 8-12 hours per week, including Saturdays and have the flexibility to cover additional shifts at our other locations when required. In addition to retail responsibilities and keeping the shop looking amazing, you'll be providing advice and education for pet owners, to help their dogs and cats eat their way to better health with a species appropriate, 'raw meaty bones' diet.
We sell frozen pet food – lots of it! Our shops get regular deliveries, so as well as being great with the customers and their pets, you'll need to be strong, active and willing to get 'stuck in', in order to unpack deliveries and keep the freezers fully stocked.
Key responsibilities include:
- Customer service
- Case management
- Stock management & stock control
- Day to day running of the shop
- Maintenance of customer records
- Monitoring of internal communications
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in retail and an excellent customer service focus
- Have strong, effective communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and able to multitask effectively
- Demonstrate a good work ethic & attention to detail
- Be able to work well independently or as part of a team
- Be passionate about natural animal health & well being
- Have background knowledge/personal experience of raw feeding cats/dogs, or a strong interest in raw feeding
- Have no issues with lifting heavy boxes (up to 20kgs) of stock
If this sounds like you, submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand. Hourly rate will be dependent upon skills and experience and employees enjoy a staff discount.
Pet Food Packer (FT) - Rosedale
Listed: 9 July 2018
We're looking for cheerful, reliable and hardworking team players to help our friendly warehouse and broth kitchen crew in Rosedale.
You will be packing and labeling raw pet food products for our shops, so you must be comfortable handling, and working with, raw material (including chicken and duck frames, turkey necks, lamb brisket and other raw meat) and adhere to our health and safety guidelines at all times.
You must be able to follow instructions and take direction well and have a good eye for detail to ensure the packing areas are kept clean and tidy. This role requires heavy lifting of 20kg boxes and breaking apart frozen product, so a good level of fitness is needed - if you have back issues, this is not the job for you.
Ideally, you will be available full-time between Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (approx. 35 hours). However, work days and times are flexible for the right candidate, with the possibility of part-time work.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BROTH KITCHEN ASSISTANT (FT) - ROSEDALE
Listed: 2 July 2018
The Essential Broth Co are specialists in nutrient-dense NZ-made bone broth. Our broths our lovingly brewed with the best, locally sourced ingredients we can find. We are passionate about the health benefits of broth, and a food system that benefits people and the planet.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team-player to help us make our product. You will be assisting the kitchen manager in preparing and packing our broths. We are a small batch manufacturer which means our liquid gold is filled by hand.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing and packaging broths in our production kitchen
- Complying with food control plans and maintaining a safe, clean work environment
- From time to time you may be required to help with light warehouse duties including pet food packing.
This role is full-time (approx. 35 - 40 hours per week Monday to Friday between 8am - 5pm) although we are flexible for the right candidate.
To be successful, you will:
- Be hardworking, adaptable, and have attention to detail
- Be comfortable working in a production kitchen with raw materials
- Have a good level of fitness and strength (ability to lift 20kg boxes)
An interest in nutrition, gut health, and sustainability is desired but not essential. This is a great opportunity to get involved in a fast-growing business that cares about its people and its product. Email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.