Do you have high energy & low fat products?
We may suggest higher energy products for the following pets:
- Super-lean pets, who struggle to keep the weight on.
- High activity dogs.
IF YOUR DOG OR CAT IS VERY LEAN, THERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- Have they always been lean, or have they been dropping weight?
- Are they otherwise healthy, with great energy levels?
- Skinny does not always mean unhealthy! While Body Condition Score charts (cats, dogs) suggest that very lean pets are less healthy, studies indicate that they are actually more resistant to chronic illness, and will live longer, provided they have good levels of lean body mass (muscle).
- If your pet experiences rapid or unexplained weight changes, or if they seem unwell, you need to get them checked by your regular veterinarian.
HIGH ENERGY PRODUCTS:
- Lamb & Salmon mix (this one is also great value for money)
- Salmon mince
- Duck frames and mixes
- Chicken & Turkey mince
Read about healthy weights for pets here.
If your pet has had pancreatitis, your vet will have suggested a low-fat diet.
We are able to help you with low-fat products, however you MUST ensure that your vet knows that you are raw-feeding, or planning to raw feed. We are happy to discuss our nutritional support with your vet.
Please always let our staff know if pancreatitis has been an issue for your pet.
- Most of our wild products are lean - rabbit, hare, wallaby, (possum can be variable)
- Venison (usually - can be seasonal, check with our staff)
- Duck and turkey necks
Dr Karen Becker describes pancreatitis in dogs and cats here.
If you suspect that your pet is having pancreas issues, let your vet know immediately.