We have farmed and wild New Zealand venison.
Venison is a lower fat, higher protein species. It is a good source of minerals such as:
- iron - vital for transporting oxygen through the body
- phosphorous - energy metabolism, movement (locomotion), cell membrane structure
- zinc - critical for skin function and wound healing
Venison is an excellent source of vitamins, including:
- thiamin - regulates energy metabolism, supports proper functioning of the nervous system
- niacin - regulates energy metabolism
- riboflavin - involved in energy metabolism, healthy eyes and skin, and facilitates the anti-oxidant effects of selenium
- B6 (pyridoxine) - involved in many physiological functions (nervous system, blood, immune system, fat metabolism, hormone regulation)
- B12 (cobalamin) - for making new blood cells
- choline - appropriate fat metabolism, functioning of the blood and blood vessels
It is also very good source of glutamic acid, which is beneficial for gut healing.