WHERE TO DO A FOOT SOAK
- Small dogs - in the bathroom sink.
- Big dogs - in the shower tray / bath / paddling pool.
- Or dunk feet individually in a bowl or cup.
WHAT TO USE
Povidone-iodine (Betadine / Vetadine) is anti-fungal, antiviral, safe, non-toxic and non-stinging; a very effective disinfectant for paws. It is great for paws with small cuts/grazes. If the paws are just a little irritated you could try:
- Chamomile tea (let it cool first!)
- Diluted vinegar soak (1/4 cup vinegar to 1 litre water)
HOW TO MAKE THE SOAK
- Fill tub with water.
- Add iodine until solution is the colour of iced tea.
- Soak dog's feet in tub for at least 30 seconds.
- Pat paws dry with a towel. Easy!